1. Visit Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure Park (DCA) during the week. Disneyland is a local’s park, meaning it gets crowded on weekends.
2. Get a park hopper. Park hopping at Disney World means waiting in line for a bus and can be a waste of time. Hopping between Disneyland and California Adventure Park takes less than five minutes.
3. 3. Dine at the counter service locations. Disneyland has many tasty and unique restaurants, and the food is made for walking. Bengal Barbecue offers skewered vegetables and meats, which can easily be eaten in line while you wait for an attraction. The Cozy Cone Motel in Cars Land (in DCA) offers breakfast, lunch and snacks in a convenient, portable cone!
4. Don’t miss the nighttime entertainment. Disney’s California Adventure Park hosts World of Color each night at the Paradise Pier, a show that reminds me of the Bellagio fountains in Las Vegas. Disneyland performs Fantasmic! on the Rivers of America. It is similar to Fantasmic! at Hollywood Studios in Disney World, but you are much closer to the action at the Disneyland show because it is standing room only.
5. Take time to enjoy your surroundings. Disneyland bears the signature of Walt Disney, the dreamer. Walk slowly down Main Street, stop to listen to the Dapper Dans barbershop quartet, sit down and watch Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, and buy a double scoop of ice cream from Gibson Girl. Immerse yourself in the nostalgia and the magic.